Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Razzleberry Dahlia and Merci

I created this card based on another sketch from the Go To Sketches issue of Papercrafts.  To color this Dahlia I used my Rich Razzleberry ink pad and a blender pen.  That's it!  Hard to believe, huh?  But with my blender pen I was able to get all these different variations of color!  I love it!! 
I used Stickles in the center of my flower.  I also stamped the small dahlia in Pale Plum and more of the large dahlia in Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment in Rich Razzleberry too. I used my two way glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds to accent some of the petals on the larger dahlias in the background.  Although I think it might be too hard to make out the glitter in this picture.
My  second card today is based on yet another sketch from the Go To Sketches issue.  I used an Eiffle Tower Merci stamp from a set that was for demos only several years back.  I used black and Regal Rose for the alternating images.
The ribbon is PTI and the button is thread with PTI Rustic Twine.  The button's from my stash.   I also used Stickles to go over the small X's on the Eiffel Towers.  Simple, but I so love the simple!

13 comments:

  1. Both great cards with fun designs!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful ....... that is amazing you got all the color with just the blender and ink pad ...... have to remember that tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the dahlia card is so pretty. Great coloring. And your Eiffel tower one is awesome too. I like the contrasting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love your dahlia! Awesome coloring! The second card is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both so pretty....but love that flower! great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are really wonderful! I love how the striped paper compliments the dahlias on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both but that dahlia card is GORGEOUS! Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! The first one os fab! I love it! Super coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some really cute cards displayed. I love the Eiffle Towers one. I didn't realize I was so lucky to have the Spellbinders #4 already. That is great news. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete