Thursday, April 22, 2010

Box and Fan Fold Flower

I found this wonderful Bo Bunny paper last week at the local scrapbook store.  Although I wish the pattern were on a smaller scale, I loved the flowers and the colors (I immediately knew the purple matched Rich Razzleberry).  I used Lauren Meader's Slip Cover Box and my new paper and Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.  I also used part of my Stampin' Up! sample sheet for Early Espresso and I have to say: I love this paper!  It's a beautiful rich brown - perfect match.  (I also love love love the Cherry Cobbler!)
This is the first time I've tried the fan fold flower and I learned a lot.  First, I had to use KI Memories liquid glue to get the thing to stay together.  Second, the scalloped edge gives the flower a nice look.  And third, the flower looks more open with a single strip of paper.  Fan Fold Tutorial  
Finally, I never post pictures of my family here, but I couldn't help this one.  Aren't these guys the cutest?!  These are my three little boys.

4 comments:

  1. Love Love Love this picture of your boys Robin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card box!! And your boys are just TOO CUTE! Love their smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out super cute! Those colors are just perfect together. Of course those boys are cute, they are related to me ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guys are so darling!!! I love that flower - I'm making one tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete