Friday, April 9, 2010

Cinema Saturday and Go To Sketches

This is actually the first time I've played along with the Cinema Saturday.  I actually made another card inspired by the colors here, but I ended up not liking it much.  Funny how you can think how great something will look, but end up disliking the finished product.  So....  I decided to try again.
 Here it is - CAS (Clean And Simple).  It's a little tall (can ya tell?) at 4"x9".  I was actually inspired by two different sources - one was the new Go To Sketches from Papercrafts, the other was a card designed on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator site as an example of the new Soft Subtles.  I used Rose Red and Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and an old In Color I think it was something Merigold, Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue and another old In Color Buckaroo Blue.  Anyway, I searched through my button stash and found coordinating buttons to stitch to the centers.  I also used Versamark and stamped each scalloped circle with Polka Dots II from PTI.  The sentiment is in Rich Razzelberry.
I promised myself a couple of months ago that I wouldn't buy any more card making idea books.  I have a ton, and I've been more impressed with what I can find on SCS and other peoples' blogs.  But....  I have seen so many people raving about how great this issue was (and I'm a sucker for sketches - anything to make design a little easier).  I indulged yesterday and bought it.  I was inspired to make the above card from one sketch, and this card from another:

Another simple card - not a lot of fanfare.  But I loved the little houses and trees printed on the paper stack paper.  I also stamped polka dots from PTI in Pretty in Pink on my PinP cardstock.

9 comments:

  1. Love both of these, particularly the first one. I love all the pretty, bright colors and the buttons, and the tall size :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not made many long/tall cards.....I don't know why....yours is so colorful!! It really is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tall card! That is so pretty, love all the colors and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, both of them. I tall card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great! Love the first one, that sketch is great! Love those houses too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, both your cards are so pretty. I'm trying to cut back on magazines too. But this latest one I'm just going to have to have because of all the fanfare and sketches to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Robin! I love that first card! The flowers are so cute with the polka dots! Your second card is soo pretty too! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how sweet, I luv color, so the long card is awesome..have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some beautiful cards here on your site Robin. Would love to have you play along with our challenges at www.justscraps.ca. Drop by and visit!

    ReplyDelete