Sunday, April 18, 2010

Color Q #28

I wasn't so sure about these colors at first.  I actually saw some paper at Michael's that included all these colors.  I had to resist the urge (I convinced myself I had too many other paper packs that I hardly touch) to buy them.  I'm glad I didn't - I like what I came up with on my own with supplies I already had. 
As I was using my Ruby Red I became sad at the idea that Stampin' Up! is retiring this color this summer.  I used just a touch of Pumpkin Pie because I didn't want it to overwhelm everything.  This seems to be a color palette best dabbled in small bits. 
I used some of my newest PTI stamps: Text Style and a sentiment from Delightful Dahlias.  I like that many of those sentiments fit inside my Modern Label Punch.  I also wanted a close up of the white button I have layered over my Hawaiian Shores button - aren't the swirls fabulous?!

1 comment: