Friday, January 15, 2010

Sympathy Card


My 3rd grader came home last week with a note from the school saying one of the 3rd grade teachers (not his teacher) has unexpected lost her husband on New Year's Eve.  She's a young teacher - probably in her late 20's - and was only married a year.  So sad.  I have been meaning to make a sympathy card for her, and here is my attempt. 

I was inspired by Dawn McVey's card that was featured on the Papercrafts Magazine this month.  I had actually found this color combination earlier this year, but had yet to make a card highlighting it.  It's Ruby Red stamped on Cameo Coral cardstock.  I love it!  I was never a big fan of the Kraft cardstock - but recently have seen such beautiful things done with it, it's going to be on my next SU! order.

2 comments:

  1. love it! you have a beautiful talent :)

    My heart goes out to that teacher, how sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sad about the teacher!!!

    I too love the color combo! And such a simple card...but elegant!

    ReplyDelete