Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black Inspiration



Over the weekend I was watching one of my favorite movies - Penelope.  If you haven't seen this movie, it's a great chick flick fairy tale kinda movie.  At the end of the movie, the credits began to roll and I noticed the background.  It was black on black in a beautiful floral/vine pattern.  I was inspired!!  I immediately thought of my Bella Toile background stamp and rushed to my work area to get the idea on paper.  I used clear powder to heat emboss the background stamp on black cardstock. 

Next I opted for an accent color of pink (I originally thought of red, but then I liked the pop of Melon Mambo with the black).  I'm planning on making a set of these to give as a gift.  I LOVE monogrammed stuff!  Hope my friend does too.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the embossing on the black CS... A beautiful detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just lovely. Incredible detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    You are so talented! You should start a business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet, love the embossing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the elegance of this one! But what really stands put to me is the simplicity of the monogram against the intricacies of the spiral background. Classic!

    ReplyDelete