Monday, November 23, 2009

Winter Jewels

 
A couple Saturdays ago I found myself wandering the aisles of Joann's, enjoying the time I was spending all by myself.  I wandered up the jewelry aisle and discovered prepackaged Swarovski crystals in various sizes and colors.  I loved this color combination: White Opal, Saphire, and Crystal.  There were three sizes, 8mm, 6mm and 4mm all in one bag.  I paired these with 6mm white Swarovski pearls and some sterling silver spacer beads.  I used a magnetic clasp - word of caution - magnetic clasp isn't best for bracelets.  Mine accidently comes unhooked on the car, seatbelts, and sometimes shopping carts, so I have to keep an eye on it (I've nearly lost it twice).



This second piece is my personal copy of an earlier work I did.  But I added an additional row of 6mm crystals and increased the roundells from 5mm to 6mm.  I really love the way this one turned out.  I used Indicolite Swarovski bicones and a white Swarovski pearl.   I made it short - 18 inches.  I like the way it hangs when it's shorter (right across the collar bone). 

No comments:

Post a Comment