Monday, September 28, 2009

Caramel Apple Kit


I have been wanting to make caramel apple kits for the last couple years, ever since I saw one in a my Papercrafting magazine. This year I finally pulled one together. This is a gift for a friend who was so kind as to watch little Sam for me for a few hours one day. I hope she likes it.
For the kit I included a bag of caramels. These are the easy melt balls. I repackaged them in a plastic bag I found in the wedding favor section of the craft store. I attached the 5 wooden sticks that were included in the bag of caramels. I also repackaged some nut topping in a smaller bag. Finally, I included 5 small Granny Smith apples for dipping. Doesn't it just SOUND yummy?
I bought this stamp after seeing a sample on Lauren Meader's blog. I love fall, and I fell in love with these images. I had bought this patterned paper a couple of years ago, but this is the first time I've had a chance to use it. You can imagine my delight when I pulled it out and found that it perfectly matched the Rich Razzelberry paper from Stampin' Up!'s new In Color from the current catalog.
Since the Rich Razzelberry matched the patterned paper so well, I thought I'd watercolor the little girl to match as well. I used the Rich Razzelberry ink pad and a blender pen for her dress. I also used a blender pen with these other stamp pads for the rest of the water coloring: Really Rust, Ruby Red, So Saffron, Red Riding Hood, Basic Black, Only Orange, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa.








5 comments:

  1. That is so adorable. I have some of those gable boxes from Papertrey and I am going to make a some of these for my Visiting Teachers. I looked up the C.C. Design stamps and there are digistamps that I just downloaded. I got the same pumpkin girl and one with apples. I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy...I'll have to get you to show me where you found those designs...I so want to make one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=650_1046

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so CUTE!!! The photos look great too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete