Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall on the Brain

I can't help it, I LOVE fall!  I love everything about it - pumpkin patches, changing leaves, cooler weather, cinnamon in the air, apple pie.  It's all so wonderful!  That said, I couldn't help making a fall color inspired birthday card.  I loved the ombre look of Maile Belle's card from this months Papercrafts magazine, so I decided to do my own version.  I used Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, and Dark Chocolate. 

I stamped and used clear embossing powder on the leaf background.  Then, I cut a mat stack 2 die in Dark Chocolate and added a Harvest Gold center.  At first I was stumped - I don't own the Fall Tags set - which would have gone perfectly inside the mat stack.  Then I decided to glance over what I had and see what would work - bingo!  I used a stamp from the Spring Tag set and heat embossed it in clear.  The sentiment I stamped in Really Rust ink.

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks fantastic. I love Fall, too, and when it strikes here in TN it's just beautiful. This is a great card...love the clear embossed leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, this is lovely! Having the different colored panels with the stamped image unifying them is a great design idea! I love the fall colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors and those leaves make me want hot cider and pumpkin pie !!!! Great job and I loved that card too the moment I saw the cover!!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful in the fall colors, true, but I love summer. It's going to look fantastic in any color combination because it's just GREAT design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete