Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Ball Pail

I have a goal this school year to make a little something every month to send in to my boys' teachers.  This month I thought I'd try the Snow Balls Nichole Heady posted here.  I followed this recipe from the food network, but I have some suggestions: first, I'd cut down the heavy cream, I also had to add a TON of powdered sugar, and last, I added some coconut to the truffle mix.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a runny mess.  


Now for the fun stuff!  I picked up these medium clear paint cans at Michael's and added a strip of Heidi Grace Snowflake Park flocked paper I had punched with my Apron border punch.

I downloaded the font (Christmas Flakes) from Dafont.com for free.  Once I printed my Snow Balls label I die cut it from the Mat Stack 4 die by PTI.  I ran both my label and the paper strip through my sticker machine to make them easy to apply to the paint cans.

Finally, I added some coordinating Heidi Grace snowflake rub ons.  They were the perfect touch!
I loved the way these turned out!  I hope the teachers liked them too.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out absolutely adorable!!! Great colors with the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete