Saturday, June 19, 2010

Original By Nichole

I was so impressed by Nichole Heady's card (seen here) I wanted to try my own version.  I stamped the butterfly using Robin's Egg by Colorbox and then used a two way glue pen to add Forget Me Not super fine glitter over the butterfly.  This glitter I picked up at Paper Source and it has a beautiful blue hue to it.
I thought the Guide Lines 2 set would go nicely as a background so I stamped that in Versamark on Aqua Mist CS and inked around the edges with Very Vanilla ink.  I used Kraft for the base and the strip of paper behind the ribbon.  I stamped that strip with Text Style on Close to Cocoa ink.  The scalloped edge is from some scrap brown paper.  I finished it off with the ribbon loops (like Nichole showed in her video) in a brown satin ribbon.  I love it.  But I can't take any credit for the design idea - it's all Nichole.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the background and the butterfly with all the shimmer to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! Great color combination! That tiny bit of vanilla on the edges is just the thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete