Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pink Butterflies

There are two things that have recently caught my attention in my papercrafting world: the color pink and butterflies.  These projects are a reflection of that.  First I have a card inspired by Nichole Heady's post back when they released the Butterfly Dreams stamp set.  Here I decided to mask the center butterfly and then color each one a progressive color of pink.  The card looked great, but I'm currently addicted to glitter too, apparently, so I had to go back over the butterflies with a glue pen and add glitter too.  The sentiment is in an old SU! pink - Positively Pink. 
This is another Butterfly Dreams card.  First I stamped the flourish from SU! Baroque Motifs in Pink Pirouette and traced a few of the lines with some Diamond Stickles.  Then I added some butterflies I'd die cut and colored with copics topped with glitter. 
This card was inspired by one I saw on SCS with the PTI Violets set.  This is the emboss resist technique.  I used Delightful Dahlias instead and added Melon Mambo to the centers and the rest in Pink Pirouette.   The center Dahlia is colored with copics and highlighted with a little glitter on a few of the petals.  Like I said, I'm addicted to glitter lately. 

7 comments:

  1. I really love the middle card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty! I love the 3 shades of pink and the masking you did on the first card (and the glitter of course, always love that!) Love the gorgeous flourish and butterflies on the second card and the delicate softness of the third! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are beautiful and great job on the outline of the first card...I would have for sure made a mistake!!! The BG stamping on the Dahlia card is so soft and pretty....... great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty!! Nice work Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the glitter - it is hard to break that addiction isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the Copics work. I have to try that emboss-resist technique.

    ReplyDelete